It’s been quite some time since we’ve had releases and there’s been a huge list of small improvements.
Thanks to those who contributed to these releases: David Gardner, Mark Frost, Romain Tartière, Yury Bushmelev, @rjd1, Tim Meusel, Alexander Hermes, Vincent Janelle
Many small changes and improvements with quite big internal code refactors. Previously we had many different Golang packages compiled into Choria Server now we have a mono repo.
A major addition is that you can now view all configuration settings and their values on the CLI, read our blog post for more details.
We have done major work on Windows support - it can run as a service, write logs to Windows event log and we have initial packages.
- Support use selectable SSL Ciphers using
- Add basic Windows packages
- Support running as a Windows service
- Support logging to Windows Event log
- Update to CloudEvents 1.0.0
PATHwhen calling external agents
choria tool configto view configuration paramters and current values
- Cache transport messages when doing batched requests to improve pkcs11 integration
- Add Debian Buster support
- Support enforcing the use of filters on all RPC requests using
- Expose statistics for NATS Leafnodes
- Export facts to external agents
- Various improvements to generated RPC clients
- Correctly report insecure builds
- Improve formatting of node lists at the end of requests
- Ensure agent filter is added when discovering nodes
- Avoid Ruby specific YAML aliases
- Fail gracefully when modulepath is unset
- Improve remote request signing support
- Correctly extract the playbook name from facts
- Place the rpcutil DDL in the correct directory
- Support Amazon Linux
- Allow GPG repo checking behaviour to be configured
- Allow the
ssldirsetting to be configured by the module
- New configuration options for auto provisioning support
- Improve windows support