It’s been a while since we had release announcements and it’s been a surprisingly busy period.
The main focus here has been on a number of stability and bug fixes, we’ve had some users dig in really deep into various aspects of the system and a number of bugs were squashed.
Past the quality of life stuff I have started reworking Choria Server Provisioning which will set us on a path to having a good Puppet free story, I have some POCs lying around of a Kubernetes based Broker, CA, and Provisioner that will give a really smooth path forward - provisioning is now compiled in to the FOSS stack by default and can be enabled using a JWT token, more on that in a future post.
Thanks especially go to Alexander Hermes for his deep dive into all aspects of the client side playbooks. Deep dives into a product and filing some tickets, discussing the model on slack etc it hugely time consuming and very often this kind of community contribution flies under the radar but I find it more valuable than code, huge props to Alexander.
Other shout outs to Ben Robert, Yury Bushmelev, Romain Tartière and Vincent Janelle
We’re releasing Choria Server 0.13.0 with new packages for Enterprise Linux 8.
- Add a tech preview JetStream adapter
- Switch to CloudEvents v1.0 format for lifecycle events and machine events
- Build RHEL 8 packages nightly and on release
- Support Synadia NGS as a NATS server for Choria
choria tool jwtto create provisioning tokens
choria reqoutput to be saved to a file
- Force convert a DDL from JSON on the CLI without prompts
- Update NATS Server to version 1.2.1 (via go-network-broker v1.3.2)
- Expose the path to the agent configuration to external agents (via mcorpc-agent-provider v0.9.0)
- Support regular expressions in callerid matches in action policy (via mcorpc-agent-provider v0.9.0)
- Enable Choria Provisioning Agent by default and expose the provisioning JWT (via provisioning-agent v0.6.0)
- Improve startup when embedding the server in other programs
- Improve stability on a NATS network with Gateways
- Improve the calculations of total request time in the
- Improve handling for actions without any inputs in DDL validation (via mcorpc-agent-provider v0.9.0)
- Bug fixes to Ruby DDL generation (via mcorpc-agent-provider v0.9.0)
- Fix return value for apt_update
- Add the ability to search for available packages
- Allow splitting services log into server and broker logs
- Improve resource ordering on debian systems
- Remove unneeded files from the packaged module
- Update stdlib dependency
- Align playbook log level names with Puppet
- Detect pure string results from Playbooks and render them correctly
- Support both Puppet 5 and 6 paths for the task helper
- Support using Synadia NATS NGS as a broker for Choria
- Update the
- Support regular expressions in callerid matches
- Improve handling
natsdependency to support multi tenancy