We had a release quite recently but I wanted to release a number of Scout related features to early adopters, these releases are mainly focussed on Scout but includes a few bug fixes and new builds for Ubuntu Focal (20.04 LTS).
You’ll also notice a new agent -
scout - on your nodes, this gives API access to interact with Scout checks on Choria
Additionally, we are starting to work on our documentation for Scout, an initial cut of this is also published today, this shows our Puppet integration, Prometheus integration and a bit about the events.
Thanks to Romain Tartière for contributions to these releases.
Read on for the full details.
- Initial work on a Scout framework towards building a monitoring related distribution
- Add a new scout agent and Golang client
- Release packages for Ubuntu Focal (20.04 LTS)
- Add helpers to parse complex data in generated clients
- Include a snapshot of recent check states in published check events
- Extract the generic result display logic from
choria reqinto a reusable package
- Support performing goss validation in the nagios autonomous agent
- Restore the ability for DDLs to declare display formats for aggregate outputs
- Add a
choria scout watchcommand
- Fix targeting a specific sub collective in the req command
- Generated clients perform 2 discoveries per request
- Improve using the supplied logger in generated clients
- Avoid zombies when Ruby agents exceed their allowed run time
- Support setting policies for the
- Support the
scoutagent in the choria discovery method
- Support creating a gossfile from hiera